Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23, 2010. San Antonio, Texas. Unusual Evening..

Here we were,  all of us in David and Suzanne's bedroom, watching TV.   Three girls and Suzanne stretched out on their stomachs on the bed and Ken, David and I in comfortable chairs, with Allison on the floor, all watching TV.  We were happy as clams.

David knows I like Antiques Roadshow but often can not watch it because I have no TV where I live, so he records it, and when we come to visit, we watch the old shows together, in his comfortable leather chairs in their bedroom.    After dinner, while the girls cleaned up the kitchen, we watched.  One by one, everyone joined us.  First Ken, then Suzanne, then all the girls when their chores were complete.

Another show David discovered  was American Pickers so he records that show too.  I had never heard of it,  so after watching one issue of Antiques Roadshow, David asked me if I would like to see  an issue and we did.  We all loved it.    One aspect of the show that we enjoyed was seeing these folks storing all this stuff, that the two Pickers then root through, trying to find the treasures which they then can sell.  The second thing interesting to the girls and me was that these two pickers make their living, ostensibly, from the sale of this stuff.   It is interesting what people do for a living.

Anyway, we spent a happy time, all together, in the bedroom, enjoying television!!  Most enjoyable.!!

No comments: