Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 7, 2010. Mexico. A Birthday Dinner.

It was a lovely day. I read all day and did not get out of my nightshirt until I dressed for dinner. It was a lovely birthday. And to top it off, all my family and good friends called to wish me Happy Birthday. I was a happy lady.

One of the nicest aspects of living here in Playa Royale is that you can walk to everything. Last night, for my birthday dinner, we walked to an outside restaurant just up the road from our apartment. We had been there before and enjoyed the food and the service. This is just the second year they have been in business and as restaurants come and go we were pleased to find them up and running.

I ate scallops as an appetizer and tuna for dinner, both delicious. A young man sang and played all evening, a combination of mexican and english and italian songs. His music was quiet and tuneful, a pleasure to listen to all evening. Along with the bottle of red wine, the evening was perfect for a birthday celebration. The evening was warm. Dining outside is an added pleasure after hearing about the snow at my sister's house in Ontario. I am one lucky lady.

No comments: