Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 9, 2010. Mexico. The Great Kiskadee.

The most unusual things happen, here at Paradise Village.  Yesterday afternoon Ken and I went  for a walk, just a simple walk down to the Hotel and along the marina, a walk we have taken many times.  It's about a mile or a bit longer.  While watching the boats I spotted these large birds and decided they were Great Kiskadees.  They are beautiful birds but we normally spot them at the golf course not by the marina, but there they were in all their splendor, among the rocks by the shore.  There must have been eight or ten of them.  We watched them quite a while and enjoyed every minute.  When we got home, I looked up my bird book and couldn't tell if I had seen a Great Kiskadee or a Boat-Billed Flycatcher or a Social Flycatcher.  I need a birder by my side.

There is a favorite bar down at the hotel that has a happy hour, two for one drinks.   We ordered one drink each and four drinks appeared.  Ken and I talked and drank and finally ordered some food, all sitting in the little bar.  We finally arrived home from our walk at eight o'clock, having had a wonderful time.  Living here is a constant series of unplanned events, all delightful.

No comments: