Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31, 2010. Canyon Lake, Texas. Past and Future.

I am so grateful for our past.  Our plans of many years ago allows us to enjoy our present.  Many friends and acquaintances speak to us about our life style and our homes and family, not really aware that it has all been in the grand scheme.   For instance, friends have mentioned how fortunate we  own a place where the children and grandchildren enjoy visiting.  We  agree with them that we are very fortunate,  but what they don't seem to appreciate that even though they are wealthier than us, they chose not to prepare a place for the family to gather.    We are grateful for our past actions that allow us to enjoy our today.

Today, on New Year's Eve, we look forward to our future, realizing that we are foraging into unfamiliar territory.   I have spent my life around a lot of people.   As a child, I was accustomed to a busy and hectic environment.  As a teacher I was always surrounded by children and other teachers.  Raising the children and as a graduate student I had a host of friends for support and  friendship and of course as an agent and a manager I basically talked all day.   I thrived in that busy  milieu.  Now my life will be different.   Our homes are in isolated spots and I will not be surrounded by friends all the time.  Life will be different but I feel sure the year will provide me with much pleasure.   I am counting on it!!

1 comment:

Carl and Ceil Winters said...

Wishing you the best for 2011. Living at Canyon Lake TX is the next best thing to heaven.
Carl and Ceil Winters
Complete Inspection Service
Canyon Lake TX 78133
830-899-2441