Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6, 2010. Mexico. Birthday for Ruth.

I love birthdays. It is certainly the most important day of my life, the day I was born. And now I have turned 73. My brother and I congratulated each three of us siblings on becoming older than our parents. I suggested the next goal was to become older than our grandmother Houghton, who lived to be 95. She was in excellent health until she fell on the ice and broke her hip and died from pheumonia. We might make it, now that I take myself out of the ice and snow each winter!!

Ken on the other hand does not like to celebrate birthdays, perhaps because he does not enjoy being the center of attention. He suspects it has to do with the birthday parties held by his Mother when he was a child. For me, I love the checking off of another year especially when in good health. The day is beautiful here in Mexico and I intend to enjoy every minute. Already I have read for an hour, heard the Birthday song on my cell phone from Nancy, amd completed breakfast on the balcony. Already the day is fine and it will only get better!!

1 comment:

Set said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
Now we need to get you on Facebook, so you can follow what others are doing.