Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15, 2011. Jackson, Mississippi. Troubles, Troubles.

Within ten minutes  I received two calls.  The first was from my sister-in-law Wilma who lives in Brandon, Manitoba with Ken's younger brother Keith.   Keith had been successful with his treatment for melanoma and was cancer free for six years, until now.  His latest scan showed spots on the brain, lungs and liver, and the call was to tell us that the cancer had returned but now in the three different spots.  In addition, Keith has pulmonary emboli which he was shedding.  Not good news.

The next call was from my brother Dave to tell me that my sister Carol had been taken to the hospital with shortness of breath and a persistent cough.  At first she was taken to the closest place, a clinic in Chester, but the next morning she was moved to the hospital in Owen Sound, in the cardiac care unit, where she remains to this day.   She has had at least one heart attack and perhaps too and we know there is damage to the heart.  But we don't know how much and we don't know what caused the attack.  We know it is not good.

Troubles, troubles.  I guess it is our age.

No comments: