Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17, 2011. Jackson, Mississippi. Medical Services.

When you move from one town to another, you must seek out new medical services, so you talk to friends,  look up doctors and dentists, and one by one, you end up with good professionals who are competent and who you trust.  One option for us was to keep our doctors and dentist in Bethesda, and just drive down from the farm for an appointment, but we selected a different path.  Once we sold our apartment, we wanted to be gone in every sense of the word, not returning several times a year.

We thought and we talked and finally decided that the only place where there were excellent facilities and ease of appointments was Jackson Mississippi.  In other places we live, it is a forty-five minute drive to the doctor and when there, you are dealing with a small regional hospital.   The Mississippi School of Medicine is housed in Jackson, so the services are excellent and the population is small, so we chose to use Jackson as the spot where we will meet the medical community.

Today we will begin.  Ken and I both have appointments with Dr. Cotton, a Cardiologist, where we must take in our medications plus a long list of medical procedures.  Now the problem will be that I , by design, do not recall  the date of any of my difficulties.  At my age, they will think I am losing my memory, but really, I have just blotted out from my memory anything that is unpleasant.   But they will not believe me.

Tomorrow I meet my new Internist.  It will be interesting.

No comments: