Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 7, 2011. Jackson, Mississippi. The Furniture Store.

We walked into the furniture store looking like  poor relations.  I was wearing my Road Kill Cafe T shirt, in an extra extra large size that reached mid thigh so perhaps the young man thought we had no business walking into this nice store.   I asked if they had any Queen sized head boards.  Not the whole bed but just the head board.  He said "no, we only sell the whole bed".   We almost left, but Ken wanted the rest room, so the young man who told us no, directed us to the restrooms, which were at the back of the store.

Ken and I met after our bathroom break and Ken suggested we just look at the beds anyway.  Another young man saw us hesitating and came over to offer his assistance.  He informed us that any of the beds which are shown as a full bed can also be sold as component parts.  In other words, on any of the beds, we could buy just the head board.

After chatting with the pleasant young man, he showed us all their beds, and how to attach the headboard to the bed frame.  We decided to buy the whole bed.  I asked if he was on commission and I was surprised with his answer.  He said, "I only get paid when I sell something.  I am on 100% commission".

Now I wonder about the first salesman.

No comments: