Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 18, 2011. Jackson, Mississippi. Objects.

There is a small Persian rug just inside the door of our condo here in Jackson.  The colors have some blue and brown and white and is very pleasant to the eye but not dramatic.  Every time I look at that rug I smile, because that rug is the first Persian rug we ever purchased, just at the time when we were "doing" our little home for the first time with something other than used furniture.  We purchased it when living in our first home on Lancaster Drive.  It has been with us ever since, in every home.

Every object in our home has it's own history, known mostly to me.  I couldn't possibly relate all the stories.  Who would care?  But someday, I will tell the girls about that little rug, and perhaps, when they walk over it, they will smile too.

No comments: