Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24, 2011. Gatlingurg, Tennessee. A Wonderful Spot.

Our little home up in the trees is lovely,  called The Crows Nest and decorated with many crows.  We have a large lamp made of a ceramic crow, and a small cabinet on the wall with outlines of crows on the door.  In addition, there is a crow sculpture on top of the refrigerator.  It is all quite charming and rustic but equally modern and tasteful.  We are enjoying it.

Last evening, I took a restful bath in the large Jacuzzi tub, which was fine until I was ready to get out.  The back of the tub, which was comfortable for resting due to the steep slope,  gave you nothing to push against to get out.  Of course, I was up to my armpits with water.  And Ken was concerned because the step down from the tub to the floor was steep and he did not want me to slip.  Fortunately, the tub was wide enough to turn over, which I did, so once I was on my knees, I was soon back on dry land.  Today, I will have a shower.

Perfect weather, here in The Smokies.  Cool breeze, warm air.  Later in the day we will walk in the woods...maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it is still there, in Gatlinburg you can go indoor skydiving. You lie down on a screen over a large propeller and motor, when they turn up the propeller speed you get blown up into the air. It is just like skydiving without the height. My weekend entertainment 20 years ago when I spent 5 weeks in Knoxville....

Ken

Rambling with Ruth said...

Sounds like a great idea, for someone else!! We loved our hike along the creek though. Ruth.