Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011. Western Head, NS, Shopping.

Pressure is mounting.  I have until June 2nd, 2012 to complete the purchase of all the belongings for new The Carriage House.   I will be here in Nova Scotia until mid September but I will have company from July the 23rd to August 27, which will leave me little time for shopping.   I have 340 objects to purchase.  Today I started.   Canadian Tire is a great store so I bought 14 items for the kitchen, such as a toaster and coffee pot and set of pots and pans along with wine glasses and cutlery.

Now that the objects are purchased, the problem is not over,  because now they must be stored until the Carriage House is built.  It hasn't even been demolished let alone built.  But I have faith.  Today, all the stuff was stacked into the closet under the stairs, which we keep for coats.   This home  does not have a lot of storage space which was the custom in 1900 so I will soon run our of nooks and crannies.  I will continue my task tomorrow with another long list and will store them upstairs in my closet.

Of course, the large objects  must await the construction.  Our intention was to come next June, but I think we must make a winter trip to Nova Scotia.  Pressure.  Pressure.

No comments: