Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June 5, 2011. Western Head, NS. A Work Day.

This morning we received the first edition of the plans for our new Carriage House.  We spent the first hour of the day making changes.  The first draft of anything is always the most difficult, so we were pleased to receive them.  Now we have a date with Peter.  the draftsman, to talk on the phone tomorrow at 8:30.  Ken and I think he forgot where the ocean was located, but tomorrow we will get it all straight.

This afternoon I worked to make use able the cutlery and dishes from the Carriage House.   And I laundered towels too,  adding bleach to each load, but they still came out smelling of smoke, so I put them in a trash bag.  My hand are red and sore from scrubbing the dishes and cutlery,  but the results made up for the effort.

Tuna and asparagus for dinner.  The fish is always fresh here in Nova Scotia.  The fish department at Sobey's is excellent, so when I went shopping this morning I purchased three types of seafood:  yellow tuna, wild salmon, and scallops.  Ken grilled the tuna tonight, which we served with horse radish.   Delicious.  It was a wonderful dinner after a hard days work.

1 comment:

Joe Rubin said...

I want to see your plans!! Forward, please!