Friday, July 22, 2011

July 22, 2011 Western Head, N.S. Swimming.

It was a perfect day for a swim as it was hot at the cottage.  Just sitting on the deck for lunch made you sweat.   For the first time this summer,  Ken and I went swimming.  Now I like to swim, but I especially enjoy it when the sun is shining brightly and the day is warm.  The water will cool you off and then after the swim, the warm air will dry you.   Today was a perfect day.

I tried to get Vinal and Betty into the water but to no avail, so they watched while I swam out to the raft while Ken sat on the rock to cool down.  It is hard to believe but the water was very pleasant, especially right at the top six inches of the water.  Vinal is a non-swimmer; in fact he is afraid to get into the water, so he could not figure out how I stayed at the top of the water wearing a pair of shoes.   Ken suggested that it was something to do with my girth!!  But I said that it was technique.

Today was a perfect day for a swim and I enjoyed every minute of my swim.

No comments: