Saturday, July 9, 2011

July9, 2011. Western Head, NS. The Cottage.

Now it is ready for the summer.   The refrigerator and freezer are full and the furniture is in place.  The chairs we use down on the deck by the lake are a bit rickety but we hope they last for the season.    One by one, I expect the chairs will fall apart.

Yesterday was a perfect day for the cottage.  My habit is to take a case of supplies down by the water, containing bug spray and bug cream, sun screen, binoculars, water, Kindle and Kleenex and sunglasses,  where I sit and watch for ducks and loons.  Every so often I read.  Eventually, Ken joins me with a bottle of wine and two plastic wine glasses.   Every so often we see a boat where we watch the ripples and the waves.  It is quite complicated although some would find it dull.  Talking and watching are our games.

This morning it was raining.   There is not much to do at the cottage when it is raining.  Ken sorted his fishing gear while I read.  Late in the morning, we drove home.  I decided that if you are living at the cottage and it rains, you could have a good time but when we have another choices,  we elected to drive home.  Options are wonderful!!

No comments: