Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 28, 2011. Western Head, N.S. Canadian Football.

I am becoming a Canadian Football fan.  Tonight a game will be played between Edmonton and Vancouver and I expect to watch.  This is the fourth week of the season so we have seen parts of several games.  By now I know the rules and I know the differences between the American and Canadian games.  What I like about the Canadian game is the larger size of the field and the extended size of  the end zone.  And I like the ability of the players to keep the ball in play after a failed field goal.  It is exciting.

What I don't understand is how the Canadians decided to use different rules for their football league.  After all,  basketball is the same in Canada and the US, as is baseball and softball.  Soccer too.  Why is it different for football?  I have asked many people but no one seems to know the answer.

With only three downs, the quarterback is often forced to throw the ball  which I like, but the games would be better with four downs, although it is an exciting game to watch with all the long passes.  Sometimes they even catch the ball!!

No comments: