Saturday, September 17, 2011

September 17, 2011. Artemas, Pa. The Farm.r

Everything is green.  And the pond is full,  as is the creek.  The rain has fallen since we left.  So far, everything in our home is fine except one window has a hole in the outer pane.  We haven't looked at the old farm house yet.

Our journey from Nova Scotia was very pleasant.  Our route took us down 95, around Boston on 495 to 84 west, then 81 south to 76 at Carlyle,  finally on 30 to Everett and south on 26 to the farm.  It is the first time we have travelled that exact routs but we liked it and will do it again.  The hills in Pennsylvania are lovely and as we stayed last night just outside of Scranton, we spent the whole day enjoying the vistas.

It is always a pleasure, returning home.  I am often asked,"Where is your home?".   My response is always the same, "In the summer, my home is Nova Scotia".  Truthfully,  my home is where I am living right now, so today I have returned home and am receiving the pleasure that brings when arriving home.  And the best part is that I get to do it again in Mississippi and Texas.  I am a fortunate lady indeed.


No comments: