Sunday, September 4, 2011

September 4, 2011. Western Head, N.S. Keeping Lists.

Lists are merely tasks I want to accomplish.  So I have lists of places I want to visit,  which include New Zealand, Australia, Argentina, and many others.  The list is in a book kept in my travel purse where it can be updated as needed.   And I want to hear a brass competition in England and to see the northern lights.

Then I have a list of things I want to do before I die, such as travel on the major rivers of North America.   The list is also in my travel purse.   I wanted to begin with the Hudson River, as it was an important river in the growth of the country.  But no boat sells seats traveling the Hudson River.   As best as we can determine, the Mississippi River is the only major river where we could book a spot to travel it's length.   It seemed so simple.

Now I have lists for the next ten days, tasks that must be accomplished prior to departure.  This list is on the desk right in front of my eyes so nothing could be forgotten.  I have already started.  Yesterday I booked the Ferry and the motel in Digby.  Now it is merely checking off the tasks one by one.

Thinking is much harder than doing, so I think hard about what needs to be done and I make a list.  The doing part is a piece of cake once the list is done!!

No comments: