Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6, 2011. Western Head, N.S. The Visit.

 For years, Bob D. wanted to visit Nova Scotia.   He saw my pictures and he wanted to go.   I always offered him the use of our house but something always got in his way.  Last Fall, before I retired, Bob asked if he could visit Nova Scotia in September 2011, so I booked him into the calendar for September 24, 2011.  My sister Carol and her husband Ken would also be there but staying in The Carriage House.  So all was set.

But the wheel turns.  My sister Carol had two heart attacks and will have a procedure September 7 in Hamilton.  Brother-in-law Ken had a stroke and is in a rehabilitation hospital in Owen Sound.  Bob D. suffered a stroke in Florida and is in hospital prior to being transferred to a rehab. center in Florida.  Now, none of them can come to Nova Scotia this Fall.  The family members accompanying Bob are probably not able to come either.

The moral of the story is to do it now.  Don't wait.  Go now.  The wheel may turn and spin you off!!

No comments: