Friday, September 30, 2011

September 30. 2011. Artemas, PA. Early Adapter.

It makes dense.  In the natural world, some animals are quick to find new sources of food while the more timid ones hang back, waiting for the all clear to be signaled.  You can see it in the deer at the farm.  First into the field comes the brave active deer, usually smaller, then soon the larger deer appear.  Finally, the largest deer walk cautiously onto the field.  It is perfectly reasonable to wait until the younger ones clear out the danger.

People are the same.  The early adapters jump on every new toy while others wait to see if the object will be useful before the purchase of the object.   Ken is one of those earlier birds.  He wants the new toy immediately and he wants it in use.   I want a new piece of equipment if it will help me with business or if it makes my life easier but I am not quick to use a new piece of equipment if I have another way to do the same thing.   For instance, we bought a new IPad for me in March.  I don't use it much because I read on my Kindle and I use my computer for e mails and the blog.   It is merely laziness on my part.  I have not taken the time to get used to the systems.  We are thinking of leaving the computer at home and taking only our IPads.  Today, I forced myself to use my IPad.   I have become a late early adapter!!

No comments: