Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 22, 2011. Artemas, PA. Enjoying Life.

A man named Fermor died at aged 96 still enjoying his life.  He had a zest for life and people and he died as he lived as a happy man.  He was a writer I had read  years ago, when he wrote about walking as a youth across Europe.  Now he has just died and a review of his life and works was published in The New Criterion in the September edition.  Now I have downloaded three of his books on my Kindle.

Another type of man, Kazin,  seemed never to enjoy anything in his life.   Even great prizes and tributes left him complaining.  Over the years,  I have read reviews of other peoples work that he reviewed but I never agreed with his words.  Now I know why.  He was a miserable man always complaining about someone or something.  Joseph Epstein  wrote  an article on Kazin in this month's Commentary.  I will not be down loading into my Kindle any Kazin.

Now, that is the key.  Enjoy your life.

No comments: