Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 21, 2011. Artemas, PA. Our Post Office.

I have started to enjoy our post office, and now the powers that be are wanting to shut it down.  Tonight at 6:30, a meeting will be held at the Community building in Artemas, called by the postal authorities to tell us why our Artemas post office must be closed.

I like my post office in Artemas, for the same reason  the authorities want it shut down.   I don't wait to buy stamps.  I just walk in, they call me by name, and they ask me what I need.   We chat about the community and I leave.   When we will be traveling, I just ask them to forward our mail, or I ask them to hold our mail until we return.  Only two people look after the place  so  the requests are always carried out correctly.

If a package to be delivered  is too large to fit into our mail box, we are called to ask  what to do with the package, and I ask them to leave it on the porch of the farm house.  All nice and neat so nothing ever gets lost.

I have lived here full time for a short time but I am not prepared to lose our post office.  It is cute too, and is housed at the end of a private home, so looks nothing like a real post office.  Tonight I will attend the meeting and say my piece.  I want our post office to remain in Artemas!!

No comments: