Sunday, September 18, 2011

September 18, 2011. Artemas, Pa. The Second Look.

This is only the second time we have arrived at the farm since we moved  our belongings from Chevy Chase,  and the first time I have seen the pictures and furniture  incorporated into our house.  It is one thing to change a home bit by bit as I did when I hung all the pictures and paintings,  but it is another thing to see it all at once.  Often, the whole picture is not as pleasing as it was bit by bit.

Fortunately, I am pleased.  The laundry room is warm and friendly with all my family photos hung on the wall and standing on the chests.  It certainly does not look like a laundry room, except for the washer and dryer and laundry tub.  And the lower lever functions well.  It is bright and cheery and elegant, except for the concrete floors.  They are mostly covered with Persian rugs so I pretend not to notice.

I even like my own upstairs changing room and bathroom.  I keep my clothes in the guest room on the second floor so I can lay out objects on the double beds.  Of course, guests will have to stay in the farm house but they will not mind I am sure.  In the meantime, we are enjoying our home at the farm.  We have done a good thing.

No comments: