Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14, 2012. Western Head, NS. Nation Maker.

I have been holding off reading this book.  It is Volume Two of a two part biography of Sir John A. MacDonald.  So far, Volume One has not arrived so I will begin in the middle, just after Confederation in 1867, when Canada truly became CANADA.   Up until then, it was four separate colonies attached to Britain.  

My reason to avoid beginning in the middle escapes me because I have often started at the end of a book and then worked backwards, so starting in the middle of the life of this famous man should be no problem for me.   Sir John A. MacDonald is really only famous in Canada but he was a remarkable person and politician.  The book will tell me that he is the person responsible for the way Canada is today, even after all these years.    He died in 1891.

I know what the author, Richard Gwyn,  is going to tell me in this book, because I read the last chapter!!  But first, I will begin at the middle of the whole biography of this interesting, able man, Sir John A. MacDonald.

No comments: