Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012. Western Head, NS. Fabric Art.

Tomorrow, Wendy and I will visit a show of Fabric Art, held at the Rossignal Center in Liverpool, Nova Scotia.   This is the fifth year I have attended the show.  The quality of the handwork has been high, from quilting to embroidery.  Our town is small but the objects on display will be both small and big and numerous.  It is actually a contest so prizes will be awarded in each category.  

It is similar to the musicians around here.  There are so many of them.   I have often wondered why.  Perhaps it is the long winters or perhaps people spend no time in traffic, thus spending more time playing their instrument or working with their hand work.  Whatever the cause, the good folks of Liverpool do good work with fabric.   The only problem for me in the past is that few pieces of fabric art are for sale.    The owner must keep it, thus depriving me of purchasing anything.  But this year, I am not in the acquiring mode so I will enjoy and observe the beautiful objects.  It will be an amazing show I am sure.

No comments: