Saturday, August 25, 2012

August 25, 2012. Western Head, NS. A Party.

It was the best of parties.  Jan and Larry held a cocktail party tonight and their friends attending the party were all unknown to me.  I was able to chat with new people the whole time.   It was a pleasure to meet permanent residents of Liverpool.

Most of the folks lived near Jan and Larry and most have lived in Liverpool for ten years or more.  One couple, Jeff and Ann were both born and raised here.  He was one of the two men who helped Mary out of the water when she was washed off the causeway.  Another couple lived in the  charming blue cape cod home that is surrounded by the iron fence just down the street.  I see their home every time I drive into town.  They moved to Liverpool from North Carolina in 2000.  She is a veterinarian who works in both Chester and Shelburne.  Another young man and his wife purchased a large old home near the lighthouse and now is running it as a Senior Home.

One couple were from Port Medway, which they purchased in 1970.  Now they live here six months of the year.  The rest of the time they live in Ottawa.  I was delighted to meet them because they are active with the Literary Association, bring three authors to come for a reading and a discussion.  I wish I could attend but by the time I hear of it,  all tickets are sold.

Larry and Jan went to a lot of trouble with the food and their friends.  I enjoyed every minute of the event.

No comments: