Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 29, 2012. Western Head, NS. Wilson Quarterly.

The Wilson Quarterly has gone totally digital.  This September 2012 issue is their last print edition.   We must sign up for a new digital subscription.   It certainly makes sense but part of me is irritated because I have always kept The Wilson Quarterly to save when we are traveling.    One issue kept me busy.

This issue is well worth reading.  The American Vistas section is worth the price of admission.   Four long time contributors evaluating the past and looking into the future of American life will give any thoughtful American much to ponder.  

Ken has been trying to have all our magazines arrive on our Kindle or iPad.  I have resisted. I like a magazine in my hand and I like reading the end first.    Now I am accustomed to Commentary even though I prefer the printed version.  On the other hand, our magazines are always late as we only send our mail every couple of weeks.  With the digital magazine,  it is never late.  it arrives in my iPad the day of publication.   I can see that sooner than later, the printed editions of all magazines will disappear.  I better get used to it.

No comments: