Friday, August 3, 2012

August 3, 2012. Western Head, NS. The Art.

Our collection of art has grown over the years.  The new insurance company has asked us for a list of the art we own here in Nova Scotia, complete with the acquisition cost and the size, along with a brief description.   I have decided to organize the art,  room by room, rather than by the artists.     This task is not insignificant but must be done.

So far I have listed the art in each room, including bathrooms and halls.  Ken measured the office and kitchen before we quit for lunch.   I record the measurement after first telling him the piece of art.    When all the measurements are done, I will record the cost which Ken will review before entering the information into the computer.    By Monday I hope to be turning the information over to the company.

It is something I have been putting off for ages, coming up with one excuse after another.  First we had company, then I needed to complete the purchases for the Guest House.  Now my excuses are over and I am now completing the task.  Actually, it would have been much easier to do when friends were here to help.  Ken and I don't actually work well together but we are getting it done, although very late.   There is always something tedious that needs to be done.

No comments: