Thursday, November 15, 2012

November 15, 2012. Canyon Lake, Texas. Christmas Shopping.

The granddaughters will not expect gifts from us this year because for Christmas we are giving each family member one week vacation at an all inclusive resort south of Cancun, which includes airfare.  The children know we are not rich and they are grateful for the trip so they will not expect their usual bag of goodies from us for Christmas.

But I fooled them.  Today I shopped at the Dollar General.   It all started six years ago when we did the same thing except we all went to Nuevo Vallarta for a week.  Ken and I stayed in our condo and both families stayed in the Time Share just down the road.  We went right after Christmas and that was our gift but I wanted the girls to open something on Christmas morning so I went to the Dollar General and filled a Christmas bag of goodies.  The girls loved them so I did it again the next year except I included something of value in the bag.  I have continued the tradition so today I shopped for Christmas.

I give them items they can use at school plus a bunch of things they was wear, also pens and glue sticks, socks, candy, hair bands, small Kleenex tissues.  The girls love dumping out the whole bag, then carefully looking at every object.  The first year I wrapped each object individually but no more.  I just return from the store and make sure that every bag has one of each object.  They are ready to go to San Antonio now, and will be hidden at David and Suzanne's house until Christmas morning.   The girls will be surprised with the bag of goodies from Grandma and Grandpa, except of course, if they have already read the blog!!

No comments: