Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November 27, 2012. Aventua Spa, Mexico. The Rules.

Our system was flawed and I knew it,  but Suzanne felt sure it would work.    This is one of those events that a grandmother thinks is funny but a mother does not.  Ken and I had a room right between the rooms for Kate and Mary Frances on one side and Sarah and Abigail on the other. but on the floor below their parents.   The four older girls loved having their own rooms.    I was directly connected with Kate but not with Sarah.   The  girls stayed up later than us, so the rule was for the girls to call their parents when they got back to the room.    I figured out immediately the problem but said nothing.

All was well until the last night.   Kate and Mary Frances retired to bed early because they were due to leave the resort at 7:00.  Sarah and Abigail were to go to bed at midnight but they were late.  At 12:15 they called that they were in the room, which made them late.  After a few minutes,   David suggested that Suzanne call them back and she did, only to find no answer.  Suzanne was angry.  She was forced to dress and search for her girls.   They were racing to their room when she found them, trying not to be caught, but to no avail.  They were in trouble and they knew it.

I on the other hand, was surprised it took until the last evening before the girls figured out that the system was flawed.  My sister and I sounded the same on the phone and even our parents could not tell our voices apart, so you could guess how I figured out quickly why our system here was flawed!!

No comments: