Saturday, November 24, 2012

November 24, 2012. Aventura Cove, Mexico. Checking Out.

Fortunately, the Manager is very nice.   He is calm and helpful and positive, which is a good thing,  because we have had to deal with him both at the beginning and the end of our visit here.   All issues were resolved but if Suzanne had not decided to pay her bill last night we would have had a big mess this morning.  It is actually kind of funny, in a perverted kind of way.

We were sitting in the bar,  David, Suzanne, Ken and I,  having a nightcap and chatting before going to bed, when Suzanne decided to clear her bill.   After twenty minutes in line, she came back to tell me that a large sum was on their account, so I went over to help.   First Ken bailed out and left for the room, followed soon by David.    The Manager was still on duty so he was able to correct the error and Suzanne paid her bill and I did too.    As Andrew and Christina had no extra purchases, I cleared their account too.   It took 90 minutes, but Suzanne and I left with the Manager telling us that all seven rooms were showing zero balance.  

But I was suspicious so called Christina at 6:15 this morning to tell her what we had done.  They were leaving at 7:20 so I knew they would be up.   Wouldn't you know.  Christina called me to say that they would not let them leave because a large bill needed to be paid.   I zipped up in my robe and the man transferred the charge to my room,  so they could leave.  The three girls were already in the van waiting to go to the airport.    After they left, I suggested the manager be called to correct the error.   Much to my great surprise, when David and company turned in their keys and had their bracelets removed at 8:10,  their account was clear and the same man assured me that the Manager had also corrected the error on Andrew's account.

David asks a very good question.  "Why did it take so long?"  Now Ken and I are checking out from this place and moving to the Aventura Spa.   I am delighted to know that the Manager is in charge of both places!!  At the moment, all issues have been resolved but you never know when we might need him again.

No comments: