Monday, November 26, 2012

November 25, 2012. Aventura Spa, Mexico. Our Space.

The Manager made us a deal.  Last week, we were supposed to be staying in a Presidential Suite, which is really an apartment but things got messed up and Ken and I ended up staying in a regular room on the ground floor with no view.   It turned out better for the girls so everyone was happy.    Then both David and Suzanne had trouble when checking out, where large sums of money were added to their bill.   They were errors, but both need my help plus the Manager to correct the error.   I became a good buddy of the Manager, Mr. Blanco.

After Suzanne and I finished our business with Mr. Blanco on Friday evening, I asked him if there was any possibility that Ken and I could stay in a Presidential Suite over in the Spa.  He checked the computer and found one that would be empty.  I was to check with him the next morning, but he would do his best.

When everyone was gone and Ken and I were moving over to the Spa, we were given a room number, but when we arrived, it was not a Presidential Suite, so I call Mr. Blanco.   The Suite was being cleaned for us!!  Success.   Our place is lovely, overlooking the Caribbean Sea, with lots of space.   It pays to ask for what you want and it pays to be pleasant when you work to solve problems.   He said to me, "Mrs. Dickie.  I want you to leave this place being happy".   And I will be.

No comments: