Friday, November 16, 2012

November 16, 2012. Canyon Lake, Texas. Packing.

Ken and I always look that we packed light.  It is not that we look terrible when on a trip but we certainly don't look chic.   Our goal is to pack in quantities of four.  Our bags always have space to bring home treasures.   Today, we are packing for two weeks at a resort in Mexico.  We will have dinner every evening with our families but spend the rest of the day in bathing suits by the pool or beach.   Ken had to be reminded to take two bath suits.  He assured me that he really only needed one, but he packed two.

We both laughed about a trip we took with several other folks from work, to attend a meeting run by Bernie Kanstaroom, in Puerto Vallarta.   Every day after class, we all sat around the pool.  My friends observed that every day I appeared with the same bathing suit.    They were incredulous when they discovered that I only brought one.     On the other hand, my friend Peppy wore  a different bathing suit every day.  She certainly set the standard and looked a whole lot better than me.   So I reformed.   Now I always bring two bathing suits when going to a resort but truth be told, I always only wear the one that is the oldest and most comfortable.  It is sad but true.  Comfort is more important than style to me.  But I always bring my two bathing suits in honor of my friend Peppy!!

No comments: