Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December 10, 2013. Ridgeland, Mississippi. Another Book.

The Art Forger is another book worth reading.  B.A. Shapiro wrote the book.   It took me a long time to warm up to the book, perhaps because I did not like the protagonist.   What I did enjoy was learning  about forging art, which I expected to read, but what I did not expect to be reading  was a detective story thriller.    The main character is an artist and continues doing dumb things until, finally, all is resolved.

For the first half of the book, I continued reading reluctantly but then I decided that I was taking the book too seriously.  The book spoofs the art world and the experts along with the Boston Police Department.   I could not figure out what the author was saying.  Once I realized that it was really a detective story, I relaxed and read very quickly to the end.    Eventually, I got to like Clair, the main character, but not much.  How ever, I understand that artists have a different way of looking at the world than me, so I forgave her and enjoyed the book.  The information on the world of art forgers is invaluable and interesting.  Actually, well worth the price of admission.

No comments: