Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013. Ridgeland, Mississippi. G.E.

We were both impressed with the service.   I called a G.E.  toll free number I found in the Yellow Pages at 9:30 this morning, and by 3:00 the appliance was repaired.   Pretty good service I would say.

Our dishwasher here in the condo is a basic bottom of the line model.  It was here when we moved in.  I don't like it but it gets the dishes clean, after you first rinse the dishes.   When we arrived in Mississippi before Thanksgiving, I discovered that the dishwasher switch would not advance, so after every cycle, I advanced it by hand.   Then it quit.  Ken fiddled with the switch and then it worked...once.  Last evening, it died.

I was pleased because now we could buy a good dishwasher.  But we will be gone for five months so we did want to buy a new dishwasher and let it set unused.  We decided to see if the repair was cheap.

G.E.has a service company and when I called them this morning, the system was efficient.   They told me the repairman would be at our condo between 1 and 5.  He got to us at 1:30 and by 3:00 he was walking out the door.   It cost us half the cost of a new dishwasher, so we were pleased.   However, we still own an inferior dishwasher.   Next time it breaks, we will quickly buy a new unit at Lowes, before we talk ourselves into saving money. Every decision in life comes with a trade off, apparently.

No comments: