Thursday, December 12, 2013

December 12, 2013. Ridgeland, Mississippi. Unexpected Gift.

Someone knocked on my door.   This is an unusual event at our condominium in Mississippi.   We seldom entertain here and we know few people in the complex.   When I went to the door,  I found a young lady holding a red box.     Our units step back from one another, so although this woman lives three doors down from us, we only see her walking to her car.  And of course, we are seldom here.

She told me that she had just baked cookies and she brought me this red box to say Merry Christmas.    She lives with two other young ladies who are trainees at Ballet Magnificat, where Kate, Mary Frances and Molly take ballet lessons.  These three ladies are trying to find jobs as dancers.   I have chatted with two of the young ladies, but never at any length.  Now she has given me a box of cookies.   There is something delightful about an unexpected gift.  I was charmed by her gesture.

Ken and I were just leaving to see the family, and I took the cookies with me.  We ate those cookies with our tea.   Our problem, as Molly could clearly see, that we had eight cookies and seven people.    Finally, the one cookie left was divided into three, for the three girls.   It was an unexpected gift but much appreciated by all.

No comments: