Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 8, 2013. Ridgeland, Mississippi. The Party.

The house was beautifully decorated for Christmas, both inside and out.    We arrived to find cousins dressed like elves, ready to check coats.   Their red and green outfits, which included a hat,  made it easy to fine them.   The presence of the young girls made you know that this party had been well organized.    The eggnog, served by the twins was excellent.

Music was everywhere.  A five piece band was playing all evening in the dining room, which turned into the dancing room.  They accompanied John and Mary Jane as they sang.  In the living room, a young man played Christmas music on a key board.  Nothing was left to chance, with everything in place for a successful party.   The food was plentiful and interesting.

But the best part of the evening was talking to the people.  When we arrived,  I knew half a dozen people and as the house was full,  I had many folks to select to whom I should chat.   John's Mother and I talked for ages.  I had met her before but never at length.  And we met a couple who we will meet for lunch next week.   I spent the whole evening talking to new people, most from Mississippi.  I loved it.   Thankfully, Andrew and Christina drove.   For us, getting home at 11:00 is a late night, so we were weary and happy to be home.  It was a lovely party.

No comments: