Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 16, 2014. Western Head, N.S. Wool Socks.

Even Rita is now borrowing my wool socks. Her cotton socks were leaving her chilly and if her feet are cold, her whole body feels cold. The weather is pleasant but first thing in the morning and as soon as the sun has set, the temperature drops and all of a sudden, you feel cold. But not when you wear these wonderful wool socks, as Rita is finding out The socks are hand made by the ladies in Liverpool. The yarn has 15% nylon and 85% wool so the socks can be put in the dryer with no shrinkage. And they are light weight so they easily fit into shoes. Tonight all six of us were invited to Wendy and Clausen's home for dinner. Gill came too. We might not have looked elegant but Gill, Rita and I wore wool socks. We were toasty warm. Last evening at Gill's home I was chilly so I decided today to wear my trusty socks. Rita asked me to borrow a pair as she was chilly this morning. We are now officially into the weather of the wool socks.

No comments: