Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September 3, 2014. Western Head, N.S. Systems.

It is possible to teach an old dog new tricks. When they visited us two years ago, Marg taught me her system of how to deal with multiple house guests. She keeps an extra set of sheets in every bedroom. When the guests are leaving and ask what to do with the sheets and towels, she asks them to put the clean sheets and pillow cases that are in their dresser on the bed and bring the dirty sheets and towels to the laundry room. She told me that guests are always happy to oblige so I stole her idea. All she must do is launder the towels and sheets, which she does at her leisure. Today when Sheldon and Ruth left the Guest House, they left clean sheets on the bed. Ruth even put the sheets in the washing machine and the towels ready to be washed. Doreen did the same. Their bedroom in the main house now has new bedding, all ready for the next guest. When Dave and Irene left on Sunday, their bed was made up with the clean sheets that were in their dresser. The system is excellent, thanks to my friend Marg. All I needed to do was purchase new sheets and say the magic words. My life is easier.

No comments: