Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014. Western Head, N.S. They Tricked Me.

When we arrived at the hockey arena on Saturday night, the ice was being flooded. It was 8:35 so Rita and I thought the 1st period had just ended. We easily found Ken and Ian and watched to the end of the period, which we thought was the second period. During the intermission, we walked around the arena and ended up in the bar that overlooks the rink so we sat on bar stools and watched the next period. The score was 5 to 2 for the home team. Rita and I had just seen the 3rd period so I asked Ken if he was ready to go home and he said yes. We four drove directly home in separate cars. The next morning at breakfast, Ken asked about the final score of the hockey game. I thought he was nuts and told him that the final score was 5 to 2. Both Ian and Ken tried to tell me that we left after two periods but we did not agree because we KNEW that we had arrived after the 1st period had ended. Ken took my iPad and looked up the final score that turned our to be 6 to 5 with the home team winning. Ken and Ian were correct. We left after two periods. As the first game of the new team, speeches were made at the beginning of the game. Before the game started, the ice was flooded, which was when Rita and I arrived. Ken knows I like to stay until the end of any sporting event. I will never leave a baseball game until the last batter is out and I certainly do not leave before the 3rd period. But they tricked me and we came home, happy that the home team had won. But I was wrong. The home team did win, but just barely, probably because we were not there to cheer them on!!

No comments: