Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7, 2014. Western Head, N.S. Puttering.

For two days I have not left home. Today I never even got dressed but stayed in my nightshirt all day. We have had no house guests nor have we entertained. All I did was putter around the house doing a little of this and a little of that. It was a productive two days but it does show up my compulsive behavior. Yesterday I moved my tea cups out of their cupboard. Now 10 cups are available for use but hidden while the other ten are in the top of the liquor cabinet. As I have not used those ten cups and saucers since we moved here I decided to put them on a top shelf. The flower vases are now on display and look very pretty. And I moved the cook books to a shelf that makes the reading easier. Today I continued my organizing. One painting was partially hidden by the buffet. My friend Doreen thought it a pity to have such a lovely painting by Hugh Crosby not exposed and admired. I agreed with her, so this morning I re-arranged six paintings. Now she would be happy. When people rent our house, they are charmed by the art and the books, at least I am told so by the rental agents. I know they read the books because they do not return the books to the proper book case. Finally, after being here almost two months, I have returned books to their proper places. And I have moved resource books to the office as the bookcase of Canadian authors has gotten full. I must confess I did not check every book because I got lazy, but we are better off now than two days ago. Last summer we bought ten books at a sale. They have been stacked on a table ever since. Now they are on their proper shelf. Staying at home and puttering is good for a home!!

No comments: