Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 28, 2014. Western Head, N.S. Coughing.

Ken does not like me coughing. Of course, he coughs all the time, sometimes worse than other times, but he prefers to be the only one in the family with a cough. He tells our friends that, in his line of business, he should be able to stop me from coughing. What he really does not like is the simple fact that I may have something the matter with me when I continue to cough, and that brings on a bit of panic. My habit with my health is to ignore symptoms and keep on doing whatever needs to be done. I certainly never tell Ken my complaints until I really need help from a doctor. But I have had a cough for several weeks so he decided to ask me all the questions, many of course I do not know. The he looked for a stethoscope which we do not have. Neither do we have a thermometer, so he can not possibly play doctor. He does think that when we are in Texas I should have a chest X-ray. I prefer to keep drinking lots of water and take ibuprofen regularly and assume that my coughing is an allergy, so that soon I will be cured. It has always worked in the past!!

No comments: