Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2, 2014. Western Head, N.S. Banking.

Perhaps this system was always available, but no one told us. We have lived in Nova Scotia since 1999 and have banked with CIBC and the Scotia Bank. Last year we cancelled our accounts with both banks and opened a new account with The Bank of Montreal because Walt told us the bank gave the best service. He was right. Every staff member has been wonderful. Our new account was opened last summer and all has been well. The first time I was in the bank this summer, the teller asked me about opening an American account along with our current account. I was exchanging American dollars for Canadian and she told me the benefits of opening an American account. When I told Ken, we made an appointment to open the account. It has been extremely useful. Today I gave them three cheques, written on American banks. The funds were deposited into our American account here in Nova Scotia. Last week I gave the bank my own cheque, drawn on my Pennsylvania bank, and the funds were deposited directly into our BOM American account. Their system makes our life easy. Transferring funds from our American accounts to our Canadian accounts has been difficult, but not any more. Now we wonder what is wrong with CIBC and The Bank of Nova Scotia? But I don't care. We will stick with The Bank of Montreal.

No comments: