Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 30, 2014. Western Head, N.S. Cancellation.

Gill suggested I cancel dinner at our place tonight. Our plan was to have dinner with Susie and Jeff along with my friend Sandra at our home to say goodbye to Gill. Last evening at Walt and Mary's, I started coughing and I could not stop. It turned out that if I talked, I coughed, despite all the cough syrup they gave me. By morning, I had decided to take Gill's suggestion. If I had a bug, it seemed silly to spread it around. This is not my pattern. Normally, I keep on going until my task has been completed. Perhaps now that I am older, I am getting smarter, or perhaps I am merely losing my nerve. Evidently, Walt had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. He lacked energy and had a bad cough, which was why he had cough syrup on hand last evening. I believe that this is the first time I have ever cancelled a dinner party. With my Pollyanna attitude, I prefer to think it was the wiser choice for me to call it off. I spent the afternoon and evening being lazy. Now I hope the added rest shortens my recovery. I would not want to have missed a pleasant event for naught.

No comments: