Friday, September 2, 2016

September 2, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Larry and Jan.

Larry and Jan invited us for lunch.  I knew our lunch would be special because they both spend much thought and energy when entertaining.  In other words, they fuss and it shows.   You know you are an honored guest.   I was treated like a Queen, with food to match.  I loved our lunch together.

Walt and Mary were also invited.  This was the first time this summer that they have come for a social event, so that was special.  We all 6 agreed that 2 months ago we could not have eaten lunch together because Walt was still in the hospital.  And one year ago we could not have eaten lunch together because of my immune system.  I was not going out in society.  This lunch together was especially sweet.

But I got even luckier.  Walt and Mary had to leave for an appointment in Bridgewater.  And just before 2, Ken realized that he had forgotten his medications and he was fading.    We were still at the table and I was not ready to leave so good natured Larry took Ken home while I stayed and sat in the living room with Jan.  When Larry returned, he joined us and we talked and we talked.  By the time I turned around, it was after 4:00.    We solved all the local issues and many others as well.    I feel fortunate to have been invited for lunch today by Larry and Jan and especially to be able to talk with just the 3 of us for over 2 hours.  They are good friends and interesting people and I enjoyed their company.   Once again, I got lucky.

No comments: