Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10, 2016. Harper, Texas. The Journey.

The journey was not long into Fredericksburg, but by the time we got home to the ranch, both Ken and I were weary.   Ken drove on the way in.  We went straight to his eye appointment at 1:15.  We had left the Top House at noon and had plenty of time to arrive a bit ahead.

Ken likes this young eye doctor.  He prescribed Ken a prism to be ground into the lens of his glasses.  The eye man in Mississippi told Ken the prisms do not work for double vision, which was one of Ken's problem.  But it works like a charm.  So Ken likes him.  I had not made an appointment with him this year but while I was with Ken while Dr. C. was doing the examination, he asked how I was.  Before I could answer, Ken said. "She is fine, except for her eyes."

This was true so I told my symptoms, and further said that I could not get an appointment.  Dr. C. graciously found me a spot on Thursday with him, when we will try to find out what is happening to my eyes.

After  Mexican food for lunch, we picked up all our prescriptions.  16 for Ken and 7 for me.  I drove home on a back road.  I think Ken is more weary when I drive than when he drives himself.  He does not trust my driving and I drive too slowly.  Even though it was almost 5, we most took a short nap. Our day seemed long and tiring.

No comments: