Thursday, October 27, 2016

October 26, 2016. San Antonio. Success.

So far so good.  This afternoon, the surgeon removed my eye patch and all is well with my right eye.  The pressure in the eye is 11, which has never been that low.    Now I see him for another check up next Wednesday in Kerrville to be sure it is doing well and to make the final decision for my left eye on November 9.  My vision is clear and almost back to normal.  So all went well with the surgery and so far I am pleased with the results.

David has been my driver.  He has driven me to and fro all appointments.  Tuesday, Ken stayed with me the three hours for the surgery while David drove us and today David stayed with me for the brief checkup.  His energy and competence have been reassuring at every step of the way.

These modern surgical centers are marvelous.  Everyone is well trained so all the testing and explanations are completed before the Doctor walks in the door.  No time is wasted.  And the patient does not need to sit around the hospital collecting bugs.  I was very impressed.  Now tomorrow we will drive to the ranch.

No comments: