Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3, 2016. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Moving Out.

Tomorrow Mr. G. will pick us up at 8:00 to drive to the Halifax airport.  We will be ready.  Today I did a last load of laundry and put the clean clothes away.  I was late bringing the clean clothes upstairs and for a few minutes I wondered if I could wait until our return to put them away but soon decided to do my duty.  The partial cereal boxes have been transferred to zip lock bags for storage and the fridge is clear of food.  And the truck is in the garage.   All the deck furniture is in the garage.

Our small cases are in the garage ready to go out the door.  All I must do is get off the computer so Ken can pack it away.  In the morning, we will eat a quick breakfast and put medications in our backpack and we will be ready to go.   Although we have nothing to do tomorrow, I know it will be a tiring day.  We fly to Newark.  Four hours later we board the plane for San Antonio.  As we will be late arriving, we will stay at our favorite Comfort Inn.  Then on Wednesday we will have dinner with our Texas family, which will give us great pleasure.

This evening, as I was moving the truck in order to put it into the garage I turned around by the Guest House.  The sun was just setting so I sat watching the sunset along with the sea, making for a lovely farewell scene.  We will miss seeing the ocean but we are moving on to Texas.

No comments: