Monday, October 24, 2016

October 24, 2016. San Antonio, Texas. The Housekeeper.

Suzanne and David have a busy home.  Suzanne teaches second grade, David works hard at his business and the girls attend an academically challenging school, as well as playing on the school athletic teams each season.  And they are active in church.   They are all busy people.  The home is always clean and tidy too.  Suzanne told me she has the best housekeeper and it shows.  Today, Ken and I were at home when the housekeeper and her assistant came in to clean.  I was impressed.

They both seemed happy to be doing their work.  They attacked the laundry first, then started in the master bedroom.  Then they methodically cleaned every part of the house, moving from room to room while always attending to the laundry.    When they were ready to leave, the house was spotless and tidy.  All the laundry had been folded and the beds changed.  I noted their vigor and wondered if they were impressing us but I don't think so.  They know how important they are to the Dickie Family and they seem to be happy to be helpful.  

I am always impressed when observing a strong work ethic.  Today I was able to observe it first hand watching a lady and her assistant doing a task that many would think was a menial task.  To this family, her work is essential for everyone to function well.   The housekeeper seems proud of her work which pleased me too.    I enjoyed the action and the spirit and was grateful for her and her helper.

No comments: