Friday, October 7, 2016

October 7, 2016. Harper, Texas. Living in Texas.

One aspect of living in Texas is the time zone.  Here, in Central Time Zone, the games start two hours  earlier than in Nova Scotia, which is in the Atlantic Time Zone.   I like it better to have the ball game beginning at 7:00 than 9:00.  I know I can sleep late in the morning if I stay out late at night to see the end of the game but often I must get up early for some appointments so I am always short of sleep, which is a bad idea.    Last evening I got to watch to the end of the Boston-Cleveland game and still got to bed at a decent time.  It is a small thing in the whole scheme of life but the time zone is convenient.

The weather is another aspect of life in Texas that pleases us.  Mostly it is warm,  But today the temperature in Liverpool was 70 and at the ranch it was 60.  We are seldom here in the winter or summer so for us the weather in Texas is just fine.  Not too hot or not too cold.  The people are friendly and pleasant.  They have settled here from all over the world and they are hard working and industrious.  We like living in Texas but we only stay for a few months each year, before we are off to the next lovely spot.  While we are here, we enjoy ourselves very much.  Our life in Texas is pleasant.

No comments: