Friday, October 28, 2016

October 28, 2016. Harper, Texas. Rules.

After a surgery, you are given lots and lots of rules.  For instance, from the surgery, I must not bend over where my head is below my waist.  I must not lift anything.  No driving for me.  Nor may I engage in activities with rythym such as walking or running.  I must wear an eye shield every night.  And I must take 7 drops a day in the eye that had surgery along with the normal glaucoma drops in the other eye.

The problem for concrete thinkers such as me is that I want specifics.  It is ridiculous to say "Do not lift".  Today I did laundry.  I lifted the laundry basket.  Was it too heavy?  I don't know.  They never told me.  I needed to know not to lift more than 3 pounds, then the information would be useful.  And the directions for the drops are to use them after 5 minutes.   I do not know if I must put the drops in only after 5 minutes, or anytime after 5 minutes.  The directions are ridiculous.

My biggest problem is that I lost the list of rules so I do not know whether I must follow the rules for one week or two weeks.  I seem to recall that some things I must continue for two weeks but some can cease after one.   I think I have all the rules in my head but perhaps I have forgotten the rules I do not like.  Next week I will see the surgeon.  I will ask.

No comments: